Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A strange fascination/A bait and switch

I recently got my hands on 'Tell Me Do You Miss Me", that documentary on Luna. It's been great going back to their music, that melodic guitar pop that seems to capture and repaint all those themes that a soundtrack to one's life should. The documentary has been critically praised, much like their music was, (take that for what it is) It's seemingly flown under the radar (or maybe I've just been out of the loop).

I was fortunate enough to be at one of the performances on the DVD - in Boulder, CO. I won't hesitate to say it was an amazing show, one I made sure to write in my little journal about. There was smoke in the air, and maybe a little magic as well. I always felt their music had a watery, smooth and shadowy quality. Here's the song that the DVD title is based on, '23 minutes in Brussels" - (don't worry, it's only a 5 or 6 minute song, I think) Happy Wednesday.



a few more if you're so inclined:

4000 Days - an appearance on the late show w/ Craig Kilborn.

California

Weird & Woozy - from the Kilborn show again.

E-coustic version: Beggars Bliss
(Pay no attention to the terribly synced audio. - that's a youtube effect)

1 comment:

Lee said...

You're finally blogging again, man.

Welcome back to the party.