Tuesday, July 15, 2008

'Good luck is with you this month"

That's what I pulled out of the pocket of some long forgotten jeans. - Jeans I have absolutely NO recollection of ever having eaten chinese food in. Right as I was dealing with the fallout of what at the beginning of this month, I thought was the worst thing that could have happened to me. crrrazyyy!.

I talked to this guy the other day who was a former minister, active head of habitat for humanity in his community, head of the kiwanis group of the same community, 80 yrs. old, and who had a PhD in gerontology. Absolutely one of the most engaging people I've ever met. I just wanted to talk more to him after that conversation. It was a joy. and I thought, if anything, that's a goal in life to shoot for- to be a joy to talk to.

I also struck up a conversation with Blanca, a Colombian neighbor who lives with her brother here in my apartment complex. She offered to help as I moved a bookshelf down stairs I must have looked pretty ridiculous trying to move that thing, because It felt like it was wrapped right around me. I have to admit I tried several different ways to carry that thing down, so she must have had a good laugh before offering to help. It felt good (and weird) to actually talk to a neighbor.

No comments: