Wednesday, December 17, 2008

You be my Charlie, and I can be your George.



I'm gonna let y'all in on a little secret - this probably isn't an offical music video for this song.

Ah, yes, the youtube 'music video' - that masterpiece of do-it-yourselfmanship that is the song set to ambient background video by anyone with some time on their hands. (And the desire to get a favorite song on youtube to be shared by all and not feel bad about distributing music for free.)

The CD cover for Low's Christmas CD states something to the effect of "despite the commerce involved, we hope you will consider this our gift to you." And I do. I think it's a gift. And I'm happy to regift it to you all. especially since someone (well, at least someone and three or four other do-it-yourselfers) already regifted it by posting it on Youtube.

Enjoy. Merry Christmas. May you find joy via gift, regift or otherwise.

2 comments:

Lee said...

It isn't like Christmas at all without you, Ram. No it is not.

Tashie said...

Sadness, when I first read the title I was thinking "Curious George". But Charlie isn't the same as the man in the yellow hat. So I was a little disappointed but it still made me smile.