Thursday, October 02, 2008

I Seem To Be A Nerd

Wired.

Geekipedia.

Technorati.

These are all things I like, perhaps even love in principle, but haven't spent much time perusing. that's for the best, though, I'm fairly certain of. Far better to be riding my bike or chasing a ball than to allocate ALL my waking hours to the taking in of all things interesting.

I happened upon a post in the dreamhouse blog listed among 'The Links' which led me back to a book which has been sitting on my friends' coffee table in my apartment. "I Seem To Be A Verb"

It's a book I loved instantly, and maybe thought was too weird to read at first. I still haven't read it. I've only looked at a few pages and taped the cover back on to the spine. (I found this paperback in Deseret Industries thrift store In Salt Lake.) I considered it a treasure the moment I got my hands on it.

Someone else has read it and has real thoughts on the book.

Here are the pictures from the blog with real thoughts on the book in case you just wanna see some of what's inside.






Oddly enough, the linernote booklets that have been coming with the Pavement CD re-releases look very much inspired by this. Hmmm...

1 comment:

lady ace said...

you're smart about using the internet and computers. i'm impressed.