Thursday, September 04, 2008

nothing better than bagpipes on your way to work



I don't think I have seen anything better than this while heading to work before. Except maybe a 50-foot tall hot air balloon of Mickey Mouse. That isn't the real guy, of course. But it's a pretty close representaion of what I saw as I headed in today.









I'm really not happy about the word mesothelioma ever having been invented. There is a huge billboard in Houston with that word on it and it just is a sinister word. Now there are commercials with some guy blurting it out ad nauseum.

A haiku derived from a modified failed song lyric. Courtesy of 'The Slow Century':

you were a glint with-
in my eye. But then a mote;
and later a stye.

-S.M. Jenkins

Credit where it's due.
I'd never steal a haiku
Unless it's clever.

No comments: