Sunday, October 28, 2007

from the 'other blog' archives: May, '06: Near death near Laramie, Tony remembered

May 26
Off to Wyoming to escape the Life...
I need to lay off the sopranos for a bit or not eat wendy's before sleeping - I had this dream that I killed two guys - they were soprano type characters and then Silvio from the sopranos was there too helping me and another guy who was 'on my side'. I had agreed to do a hit on one of the guys but one guy saw me about to kill the other, and then I had to kill him too. It was in a motel room and the guys were pretty much asleep in front of the TV. I knew I had condemned myself to hell afterward, but still talked to the Silvio character to get help in hiding the evidence. He showed me that what I thought was dried blood was actually leaves or something. That was it. I don't like these dreams. I remember in my dream I almost tried to rationalize what I had done since they were criminals and it might have been self defense because they would have killed me had they had the chance, but I knew that justification was false. I also tried to convince silvio to let me out of the 'family' although i didn't remember having ever been 'in' but he told me you never could. Any melfi's out there who want to analyze this? I think i just was replaying parts of past episodes including myself as a bit character. But it was interesting to me.

I'm going to Star Valley this weekend. I haven't been camping since flaming gorge last year, so this is exciting. I just hope it doesn't rain, and that the trip is better than my last trip through Wyoming:

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/2527701.htmlThat's what I barely missed. I was literally minutes behind the accident. I was cursing myself for not being ahead of the accident, but realize now that I was really blessed to have missed it. I hit some bad patches on I-80 retreating eastward to Denver, also - and before that hit a zero visibility area just past a small bridge along RT. 130 near Laramie - I had to make a blind stop and to be honest - I was fortunate I didn’t hit anything or slide into a ditch, as abruptly as I had to stop - it went from bad wind with a fair amount of snow to "pitch white" - (I couldn't see the hood of my car) almost instantly.- don't ever try Rt. 130 as a detour if I-80 is closed!! I thought for sure i was gonna drive right into a tree or another car - fortunately there was noone else around b/c the road was technically closed for the season - the crazy thing is i called AAA before i took that route, to make sure it would be safe and that the roads wouldn't be closed, and the guy was like 'go for it - you'll bypass the closed section of I 80 and be on your way' - the detour was 10 times worse!!!

At least this trip won't go through Laramie, and it's May, so, hopefully there will be no blizzards.

No comments: